This week, we welcome a guest post from one of our Web Marketing Managers, Peter Bergen. Peter is a Certified Salesforce Administrator and is also Silverpop Certified. Here, he walks us through Silverpop’s Contact Insight feature, sharing what it does, why it works, and what a difference it can make for your marketing.
If you’re just getting started with Silverpop, then you might not be aware of all of the neat features that are built right into the platform. One of those features that I think everyone takes for granted is Contact Insight.
What makes this so important? The Contact Insight function provides rich information on your contacts’ online behaviors, including the emails they’ve opened, the links they’ve clicked, the pages on your website they’ve visited, and much more.
The Contact Insight page, which is available out-of-the-box for all records in all of your Engage databases, can be accessed through the Engage platform, sent in lead alerts, and integrated with your lead/contact detail pages in your Salesforce environment. Let’s take a closer look at the specifics:
What info can you see in Contact Insight?
- Scoring: see how the record scores for each of your scoring models
- Messages: see which emails the record has received and opened; click on the message to preview the content, including personalization and dynamic content
- Programs: view the automated programs a record is actively engaged in, or add the record to a new program
- Actions: investigate a variety of online behaviors, including website and webpage visits, webform submissions, email clicks, and file downloads
How can you access Contact Insight in Silverpop Engage?
- Open your database
- Click on the email address of the record you want to investigate
- Click the “Contact Insight” button on the right side of the edit contact page
How can you make use of Contact Insight?
- Send it in Lead Alerts: if you use lead alerts to notify reps when a new lead submits an inquiry or reaches a certain score, you have the option to include a link to the lead’s Contact Insight page in the body of the alert. Note that lead alert recipients must have an Engage login in order to access the Contact Insight page.
- Integrate with Salesforce: if you’ve enabled your Silverpop-Salesforce sync, you can make the Contact Insight page available on all lead/contact detail page layouts so that reps can access it directly within Salesforce.
Hope this helps! Is there another area of Silverpop you’d like us to explore? Let us know in the comments and we may just write a future blog post on the topic!